Helping shape the future for the next generation
The Coating Society of the Houston Area is honored to give out scholarships to students seeking other careers or people looking to advance their careers in our industry.
All applications are due by March 15, 2023 and will be awarded at our annual Painters Competition on Saturday March 25, 2023.
Awarded – At Painters Competition
· 1. All applications are due by February 15th, and winners will be announced at our annual Painters Competition.
· 2. They must show proof that they’ve registered for college. (Most sent a transcript in with their application)
· 3. Whomever their sponsor (Parent) is from the Coating Society must have attended 3 meetings throughout the year and be a member in good standing. This can include any of the events we host such as Trade Show/Painters Comp. etc.
· GPA Average of 2.5 or higher
Jack Mobley Scholarship
Application Submission Timeline – October 1-November 15
Awarded at Christmas Part
• The applicant must live in the Houston area to receive this scholarship.
• This scholarship is only used to obtain a NACE level ONE - or an SSPC course. You can’t have taken a NACE CIP class before. (This isn’t for your NACE Level II or III)
• This pays ONLY for the class, not the hotel, travel expenses, etc.
• The scholarship check will be given directly to AMPP and not the actual winner, that way when they sign up for their class, it’s already paid for. (We will give the applicant an award certificate of congratulations at a specified date)
• If you are sponsoring someone or being sponsored by a current member, whomever the applicant is applying under has to be present at 4 meetings and be a member in good standing. This can include any of the events we host such as Trade Show/Painters Comp. etc.
• For the final selection process, the applicant will write a letter to the Houston Coating Society explaining how they believe the Jack Mobley Career Advancement Scholarship will further their career. We just want to know how you believe this scholarship to help their/your future and advance their/your career moving forward. You can address this letter to the CSHA Scholarship Committee.
October 1 – November 15: The scholarship application process opens, and we will be accepting applications via email
Deadline to apply: November 15th
Christmas Party: Winners announced