Jack Mobley Scholarship
• The applicant must live in the Houston area to receive this scholarship.
• This scholarship is only used to obtain a NACE level ONE - or an SSPC course. You can’t have taken a NACE CIP class before. (This isn’t for your NACE Level II or III)
• This pays ONLY for the class, not the hotel, travel expenses, etc.
• The scholarship check will be given directly to NACE/SSPC and not the actual winner, that way when they sign up for their class, it’s already paid for. (We will give the applicant an award certificate of congratulations at a specified date)
• If you are sponsoring someone or being sponsored by a current member, whomever the applicant is applying under has to be present at 4 meetings. This can include any of the events we host such as Trade Show/Painters Comp. etc.
• For the final selection process, the applicant will write a letter to the Houston Coating Society explaining how they believe the Jack Mobley Career Advancement Scholarship will further their career. We just want to know how you believe this scholarship to help their/your future and advance their/your career moving forward. You can address this letter to the CSHA Scholarship Committee.
January- Feb 15: Scholarship opens and we will be accepting applications via email
Deadline to apply: February 15th
Feb 16 – March: Winners will be determined by CSHA Scholarship committee
Painters Competition/TradeShow: Winners announced
Past Presidents Meeting: Certificates Presented to Winners
Email Scholarship applications and letters To Rachel@thermalpolymer.com
Coating Society of the Houston Area Scholastic Scholarship
1. All applications are due by Nov. 15 and winners will be announced Dec 1 at the Christmas party
2. They must show proof that they’ve registered for school. (most sent a transcript in with their app)
3. Whoever their sponsor is from the Coating Society must have attended 3 meetings throughout the year